UnO : what is it about?
The FCB1010 is an extremely affordable and robust piece of hardware. Unfortunately the original firmware contains a few nasty bugs and also misses some essential functionality.
After diving into the FCB1010 internals and solving the most annoying bugs back in 2006, we decided to listen to the most frequent feature requests of FCB1010 users, and add them
to the firmware while we were at it. This was the birth of "UnO" : an UnOfficial firmware version, because it was not developed by the Behringer team. But after more than 10 years
we can say that UnO more or less has become a standard add-on, turning the FCB1010 into a very powerful MIDI controller.
Key benifits of the UnO firmware :
- Real stompbox mode! Stomp LEDs show the current effect states at all time
- Possibility to turn any stompbox into a sustain pedal ('momentary' instead of 'toggling' behavior)
- Flexible programming of stomp states for each preset
- Smoother behavior of the built-in expression pedals
- Much easier to do patchdumps from PC
- Corrected MIDI merge functionality, to get rid of hanging notes from MIDI keyboards
- Corrected startup memory check, to get rid of the "flashing 88" problem when using the MIDI IN port
- Possibility to disable the "Behringer taptempo" system, to get rid of unwanted extra CC messages
More info :
Talk to the large UnO user base and browse through the helpful resources in the UnO Yahoo Group :