FCB-505 : what is it about?
While the RC-505 is designed to be controlled by hand, many musicians use the looper for guitar, keyboard, or another instrument.
Luckily enough the RC-505 has extended MIDI capabilities, which allows it to be controlled from a programmable MIDI foot controller like the Behringer FCB1010.
However, the RC-505 requires rather uncommon MIDI control which makes it impossible to correctly program a standard MIDI controller.
Therefore we created a dedicated firmware version which solves this issue and makes the FCB1010 a "zero programming" RC-505 foot controller.
Key benifits of the FCB-505 firmware :
- No programming required ! All programming can be done in the RC-505,
so no need for FCB1010 tapdancing or using editors on computers...
- Since multiple preset banks are not required, the Up/Down footswitches are also turned into control switches.
This gives you 12 directly accessible functions controlled from your feet, along with the 2 expression pedals.
- The FCB1010 sends a MIDI message on switch press and another message on switch release.
This is required for optimal control of the RC-505, but not many MIDI controllers have that possibility.
- MIDI channel and CC numbers are all hardcoded. Use the RC-505 menus to select the used MIDI channel,
and to assign any function to each of the 12 footswitches.
- The chip is not only compatible with the RC-505 and RC-505 mk2, but also with the RC-500 and RC-600 loop stations!
More info :
A very short user manual gives you all details about the FCB-505 firmware :
Controlling the RC-505 with the FCB-505 firmware :
Configuring the RC-505 for use with the FCB-505 firmware :
Thanks for creating these videos, Greetriman