UnO2 : what is it about?
Many years after creating the UnO firmware, we invented the TinyBox
, a smart extension box which offers a feature set
beyond compare to the basic FCB1010 functionality. Along with the extended TinyBox
feature set came an extremely userfriendly text-based setup editor.
We thought it would be really nice if even the "regular" FCB1010 user would be able to make use of this easy setup editor, and more importantly of the flexible TinyBox setup concept, which allows you to
mix and match presets, stompboxes and momentary effects differently in each preset bank, and also allows to add any number of MIDI messages, sent on any MIDI channel, to a preset. After a lot of optimizations and
making the right choices we succeeded in squeezing a large part of the TinyBox functionality in the UnO2 firmware chip.
Of course we are stuck with the severe restriction of the FCB1010 setup memory size (only 2KB memory, compared to the 128KB of the TinyBox), but if you don't need a large number of different presets, you can create a very
smart and flexible setup with UnO2.
Key benifits of the UnO2 firmware :
- Fully flexible bank structure: each bank can contain any combination of presets, stompboxes, and momentary effects
- Fully flexible preset content: each preset can contain any combination of MIDI messages, sent on any MIDI channel
- An extended list of commands can be used in each preset: activate stompboxes, modify expression pedal behavior,...
- Advanced programming possibilities: use variables and if..then..else structures to build a smart setup
- Very intuitive setup editor. Just write down your setup as a text, while the editor shows suggestions as you type
Have a closer look :
You can have a close look at the programming possibilities of the UnO2 firmware here
Try it out yourself!
You can play around with the online version of our editor to find out how it works (but then you'll need to have a look at the manual below first...)
Build your setup using the editor, and read in the info bar how much memory of the FCB1010 it takes. This way you can find out
if the UnO2 firmware will do, or if your setup requires the extended memory of the TinyBox
If you are currently using the most recent version of the FCB/UnO ControlCenter editor
you can export your setup to the UnO2 format and further edit it in the online editor!
To try out the online editor click here
More info :
The feature set of the UnO2 firmware is way too extended to be covered on a single web page.
The best way to find out all details is by running through the manual.
Compare it to the TinyBox manual, and you will notice how both share the same setup approach.